- Facebook Live feed on the Moral Movement Maine Facebook page and WGME covered the event well.
- Organizations Celebrated at 15th Annual Maine Nonprofit Day in Augusta - January 16th. MIRC participated in Maine Association of NonProfits event at the State House. Here’s a link to the Facebook photo album. Here’s the television clip again.
- What is DACA? Who are the “Dreamers”? Vigil for Dreamers — Feb 22, 2018 Congress Square, Portland. Here is the post event press release and photos
MIRC BIll Tracker
- LD1819 (LR2656) "An Act Prohibiting Female Genital Mutilation"
- LD1833 "An Act To Facilitate Compliance with Federal Immigration Law by State and Local Government Entities
- LD 1740 "An Act To Establish the Crimes of Criminal Forced Labor and Aggravated Criminal Forced Labor in the Maine Criminal Code"
- LD1873 - "An Act To Align State-funded Benefits with Federal Eligibility Standards"
- LD1492 "An Act To Attract, Educate and Retain New Mainers To Strengthen the Workforce"
- Recent Policies-About Refugees and Immigrants
- USCIS customer service phone line (1-800-375-5283) or visit our website, at www.USCIS.gov for information/assistance
- Here is ILAP's DACA 2018 Announcement Update as well as an excellent two page DACA-USCIS-Announcement-FAQ-2018
- Haitian and Salvadoran TPS reregistration period is NOW, and reregistration applications must be RECEIVED BY USCIS by March 19, 2018.
- New TANF/Food stamps Regulations Rules: The Preble Street Maine Hunger Initiatives
- WE HAVE RIGHTS
Supporting Immigrant Tenants (SIT) Loan Program A Program of Community Financial Literacy (CFL)
Supporting Immigrant Tenants has created a no- interest revolving- loan fund from which immigrants can borrow money to pay for a security deposit for renting an apartment in the Greater Portland area. By partnering with Affinity Credit Union the program aims to develop financial literacy among renter and build credit experience. By requiring education on landlord tenant issues the likelihood of the tenant receiving back the deposit at the end of the rental is increased.
MIRC Press Releases
Statement in response to terrorist attack in New York City - November 2, 2017
Statement endorsing Vigil for Dreamers - Congress Square - February 22, 2018
Statement on LD 1833: "An Act to Facilitate Compliance with Federal Immigration Law by State and Local Government Entities" - March 12, 2018